Let’s take your palate on a world tour and enjoy flavorful favorites from each country we visit!
In this combination culinary and pastry arts camp, we will do something productive, yet fun, with your summer break ... learn how to cook and to bake!
Campers will learn and practice all the fundamental techniques that make us better all around chefs.
We will begin with knife skills and move forward adding each day while we whip up delicious meals from different countries.
This is the perfect camp for anyone who loves to be in the kitchen, or who is curious about learning to cook.
Each day will feature a different international cuisine, so you can expand your palate and your mind.
Our camp will allow your child’s kitchen confidence to grow, all while having fun trying something new.
- Camp lasts 6 hours. Campers arrive at 9:30 and finish up at 3:30.
- Early Bird arrival is available beginning at 8:30 am for an additional fee
- Late pickup is available until 4:30 pm for an additional fee.
- Half day camp is available, from 9:30-12:30 pm, but will feature only the culinary portion of camp as baking is done in the afternoons.
- Campers ages 8-12 are eligible to join in the global chef action with us.
- We are not a daycare, our campers are expected to be excited to participate, able to work well with others, follow direction and in general be awesome people!
- We do not require kitchen experience, but we do require a good attitude and willingness to learn, no matter what the age.
- Those with allergies or any other special accomodations are absolutely encouraged to join us, please make a note of anything we should know when you checkout and staff will contact you if we need to discuss further.
The nitty gritty:
- Every camper will receive a booklet of recipes at the end of the week.
- Campers will work, hands on to prepare edible goods each day.
- Every day will feature at least 1 recipe, and on some days, 2 or even 3.
- We will begin each day by touching base on kitchen safety and know how, but the majority of the day will be spent cooking and baking by working in a team and following a recipe. Chefs will be on hand to assist.
- Lunch will be provided between 12-1 pm, or you can bring your own lunch to store until that time.
- Some days of camp will include time outside in the Toonerville Trolley park across the street from our shop, with supervision from staff members, as well as indoor activities related to our weekly camp theme.
Discounts are available for siblings/friends registering together. Use code "fun" at checkout to apply.
Upon registration you will receive a confirmation email with additional information in regards to parking, drop off and pickup, and any other special details relevant to your selected camp! This email will be sent closer to camp start dates.
Around the World Camp July 27-30
We often have staff take photos and or video during our classes and programs. These images are used for sharing with parents on social media, as well as used for promotional materials, brochures and on our website.
When you register for a class or program on our site, you consent to and allow any use and reproduction of any and all photographs or videotapes taken of yourself or child during their participation unless you have otherwise notified Turnip the Beet.
You agree to our right to use or reproduce such photographs and videotape in any media including Facebook or the website. If you do not wish to have photographs used or taken, please notify Turnip the Beet in writing prior to class. Publicity non-consent forms are available upon request.