In this action packed week of camp, students will participate in culinary and pastry show downs based on thier favorite cooking channel and food network tv shows. Students will spend thier day preparing and competing with other teams of students to prove who is the most creative culinary genius at camp!
Don't worry-its only friendly competition and a lot of fun. Shows we have done in the past have included: Guy's Grocery Games, Chopped Jr, Cutthroat Kitchen, Cupcake Wars and Kid's Baking Championship. Each day will be a different theme than the last and kids will be able to go home and think about what they might bring to the table tomorrow!
If your child likes watching all the shows on the Food Network, they will love this camp!
All campers will spend part of day one getting a refresher or introduction to kitchen basics and everything they will need to be able to participate.
No prior kitchen or culinary experience is necessary, we will send each camper home on day one with the keys to success!
What To Expect:
- Great cooking is about more than recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes your kids will work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- We are not a daycare, our campers are expected to be excited to participate, able to work well with others, follow direction and in general be awesome people!
- We do not require kitchen experience, but we do require a good attitude and willingness to learn, no matter what the age.
- Those with allergies or any other special accomodations are absolutely encouraged to join us, please make a note of anything we should know when you checkout and staff will contact you if we need to discuss further.
- Every camper will receive a booklet of recipes at the end of the week.
- Competiton camp is a full day camp. Arrival time is 9:30 am and pick up time is 3:30 pm.
- Early arrival and late drop off are available for this camp for an additional fee. This camp is open to ages 8-13.
Chef Competition Camp August 3-6
We often have staff take photos and or video during our classes and programs. These images are used for sharing with parents on social media, as well as used for promotional materials, brochures and on our website.
When you register for a class or program on our site, you consent to and allow any use and reproduction of any and all photographs or videotapes taken of yourself or child during their participation unless you have otherwise notified Turnip the Beet.
You agree to our right to use or reproduce such photographs and videotape in any media including Facebook or the website. If you do not wish to have photographs used or taken, please notify Turnip the Beet in writing prior to class. Publicity non-consent forms are available upon request.