- BY FAR OUR MOST POPULAR SUMMER CAMP! DONT WAIT TO REGISTER.
- In this summer camp, we will learn how to cook and bake like the french!
- Join us as we teach kids safety, sanitation and basic kitchen guidelines as well as teaching them all the different things that the French have brought us!
- In this camp we will spend the day learning, discussing, and practicing all the fundamental techniques that make us better chefs and bakers... all in the style of France.
- Some items from our menu: French onion soup, crepes, macarons, crossaints, provencal stew, eclairs, gougeres, crepes, ratetouille, madelines, napoleans, petit four and more!
- Camp lasts 6 hours. Campers arrive at 9:30 and finish up at 3:30.
- Early Bird arrival is available beginning at 8:30 am for an additional fee
- Late pickup is available until 4:30 pm for an additional fee
- Half Day registration is availble. (9:30-12:30)
- Campers ages 8-14 are eligible to join in the french chef action with us.
- We are not a daycare, our campers are expected to be excited to participate, able to work well with others, follow direction and in general be awesome people!
- We do not require kitchen experience, but we do require a good attitude and willingness to learn, no matter what the age.
- Those with allergies or any other special accomodations are absolutely encouraged to join us, please make a note of anything we should know when you checkout and staff will contact you if we need to discuss further.
The nitty gritty:
- Every camper will receive a booklet of recipes at the end of the week.
- Campers will work, hands on to prepare edible goods each day.
- Every day will feature at least 2 recipes, and on some days, 3 or even 4.
- We will begin each day by touching base on kitchen safety and know how, but the majority of the day will be spent cooking and baking by working in a team and following a recipe. Chefs will be on hand to assist.
- For those staying full day, lunch will be provided between 12-1 pm, or you can bring your own lunch to store until that time.
- Every day of camp will include time outside in the Toonerville Trolley park across the street from our shop, with supervision from staff members, as well as indoor activities related to our weekly camp theme.
Discounts are available for siblings/friends registering together. Use code "fun" at checkout to apply.
Upon registration you will receive a confirmation email with additional information in regards to parking, drop off and pickup, and any other special details relevant to your selected camp! This email will be sent closer to camp start dates.
French Chef Camp July 13-16
We often have staff take photos and or video during our classes and programs. These images are used for sharing with parents on social media, as well as used for promotional materials, brochures and on our website.
When you register for a class or program on our site, you consent to and allow any use and reproduction of any and all photographs or videotapes taken of yourself or child during their participation unless you have otherwise notified Turnip the Beet.
You agree to our right to use or reproduce such photographs and videotape in any media including Facebook or the website. If you do not wish to have photographs used or taken, please notify Turnip the Beet in writing prior to class. Publicity non-consent forms are available upon request.