- Calling all chefs from across the globe! We’ve got your passport ready.
- Let’s take your palate on a world tour and enjoy flavorful favorites from each country we visit!
- Our focus on building kitchen confidence helps kids feel comfortable with cooking.
- We will begin with knife skills and move forward adding each day while we whip up delicious meals from different countries.
- Each day will feature a different international cuisine, so you can expand your palate and your mind.
- Camp lasts 6 hours. Campers arrive at 9:30 and finish up at 4:30.
- Early Bird arrival is available beginning at 7:15 am for an additional fee
- Late pickup is available until 5:30 pm for an additional fee
- Half Day registration is availble. (9:30-12:30 or 1:30-4:30)
- Campers ages 7-14 are eligible to join in the globe trotting action with us.
- We are not a daycare, our campers are expected to be excited to participate, able to work well with others, follow direction and in general be awesome people!
- We do not require kitchen experience, but we do require a good attitude and willingness to learn, no matter what the age.
- Those will allergies or any other special accomodation are absolutely encouraged to join us, please make a note of anything we should know when you checkout and staff will contact you if we need to discuss further.
The nitty gritty:
- Every camper will receive a booklet of recipes at the end of the week.
- Full day campers will also receive an apron to decorate and keep.
- Campers will work, hands on to prepare edible goods each day.
- Every day will feature at least 2 recipes, and on some days, 3 or even 4.
- We will begin each day by touching base on kitchen safety and know how, but the majority of the day will be spent cooking and baking by working in a team and following a recipe. Chefs will be on hand to assist.
- For those staying full day, lunch will be provided between 12-1 pm, or you can bring your own lunch to store until that time.
- Every day of camp will include time outside in the Toonerville Trolley park across the street from our shop, with supervision from staff members, as well as indoor activities related to our weekly camp theme.
Discounts are available for siblings/friends registering together. Use code "fun" at checkout to apply.
Upon registration you will receive a confirmation email with additional information in regards to parking, drop off and pickup, and any other special details relevant to your selected camp!
International Culinary Camp (HALF DAY OPTION) July 30-August 3rd
I consent to and allow any use and reproduction of any and all photographs or videotapes taken of myself or child during their participation unless I have otherwise notified Turnip the Beet.
I agree to their right to use or reproduce such photographs and videotape in any media including Facebook or the website. If I do not wish to have photographs used or taken, I will notify Turnip the Beet in writing prior to class. Publicity non-consent forms are available upon request.